Dear parents and guardians:
My name is Ryan Kluk “Mr. K”, and I will be your child’s Physical Education teacher for the upcoming school year. I hope you all had a wonderful summer and are as excited as I am to start the new school year! Here are a few pieces of important information pertaining to my Physical Education class.
Physical Education class will take place twice a week for forty-five minutes per class. Parents/ Guardians can find out which PE class their child (ren) will attend from either their classroom teacher or by clicking on the schedule tab above. Grades will be given at the end of each PE class. Students will have a chance to give input on which grade they think they earned for that day based on class participation, behavior, and PE standards. The grading system is as follows:
- E = Exceeds expectations
- M = Meets expectations
- WT = Working Towards expectations
- B = Beginning or Limited Progress
- NI = Needs improvement
Please make sure that you child (ren) are appropriately clothed for a variety of movements and physical activities, for example;
- Rubber soled sneakers and shoes: laces must be tied at all times and cover the entire foot.
- No Keens, open toes, heels, boots or dress shoes. Please note, if students wear boots to school please pack a pair of athletic shoes for class.
- Loose fitting clothing. Skirts and dresses must have shorts or leggings underneath.
- I plan to have PE take place outside until the end of October, please help your child dress accordingly for the colder weather.
- Water bottles are strongly encouraged.
In the event of any injuries or illnesses, a parent note approved and signed by the nurse will be accepted for the first two excused absences. Any student requiring further time away from PE class will be required to obtain a note from a doctor, which then needs to be approved by the school nurse.
Thank you in advance.
I look forward to getting to know the students and parents here at Malletts Bay School,